.

Friday, October 28, 2016

My Visit to The Texas Natural Science Center

The Texas Natural scientific discipline Center is a enrapturing place to visit. I turn out always been interested in fossils, and the brochure given at the visitors desk indicated that the fossil collection was on the second floor. I walked up the stairs to the second floor, and stepped into a sizable room, active the sizing of a basketball court, fill up with exhibits of rocks, fossils, and bones. The walls of the room consisted of a combining of dark-brown marble slabs about ten feet high, and white, rectangular-shaped tiles running higher up the marble slabs to the ceiling. The floor was do of large, expensive-looking brown stone tiles. Decorative, circular-shaped medallions, approximately 2-feet in diameter and put about three feet apart, lengthy around the walls near the ceiling. In one corner, six subtile flags were displayed between two of the medallions, two of which I at once accept as the U.S. and Mexican flags. I also sight that several(prenominal) large w hite curtains hung oer windows at one destroy of the room.\nApproximately twenty rectangular-shaped crank exhibits that contained prehistoric rocks, fossils, and bones, were on display. I paced around looking at the exhibits, when suddenly I noticed a large, white target titled The Texas Pterosaur. The first doom said, Above you is the largest flying pecker ever discovered. I immediately looked up and my eyes gazed on the skeletal remains of an coarse creature hanging from the ceiling. It had really long legs, a large wingspread, a neck about the length of a yardstick, a congressly small body, and a pointy tail. The sign explained that the remains had been launch in 1971 by a graduate student workings with the Texas Memorial Museum and that it had a wingspan of approximately 40 feet. Although I assumed that the creature was any(prenominal) type of bird or bat, the sign explained that the pterosaur was not a close relative to either of those animals.\nMy journey had fair ish begun, and I decided to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment