.

Monday, February 18, 2019

My Alarming Dream :: essays research papers

" My Alarming Dream " My little old copper alarm timerests on my desk tick - tocking away each inevitablesecond of the day, sole(prenominal) to shake, rattle, and ring me towake every forenoon. As I lay in that location in bed, half dead,sometimes wishing maybe that I was, achy and tiredstretching and scratching like a jungle cat, I feel the morningcrawl into my house. The smell of fresh coffee creep undermy door my sisters radio blares the newest teen sensationand drowns out the morning news light seeps in throughcracks in my curtains and the cold of a winter wickedness forcesme to burrow back under a solid heap of scratchy oldquilts as I tell myself, " louvre more minutes and Ill get up." Icontort myself into a loose knotty little ball under theheavy coverings and bury my organize into the broken-in oldfeather pillow searching for warmth and what remains ofmy put up dream. BRRRIIIIAAAAAANNNNGGGGG,ka-tank, tank, ka-tunk. My brain is electrocuted to life byt he cantankerous little alarm clock. Its okay springs andwires click into their places the polished metal bells get beatby the snappy hammer as it snaps back and forth. Thebells scream out in alarm. It hop and jumps does the wakeup dance on its stubby little legs, but to tell me its time togo. As the clock stops dancing I reach out from my cavewith a daring hand and bewitch it. Its shockingly cold anddamp nearly frozen by the night air that had blown inthrough my still open window. scarcely after Ive set the clockdown, do I notice the example has been frosted over by thenights dew. The ticking hands run lavatory an opaque wallof ice doing their best to keep the time scorn their arcticenvironment. Just as I was about to call it a day and crawlback under the blankets, the coffee gods called to me fromtheir percolating temple, "Corey.... The best fall in ofwaking up, is Folgers in your cup." Stunned, I looked up tosee Juan Valdez and his trusty donkey sidekick standin g inthe doorway with a mug of ruttish joe. "Hola Senor,"Juan greeted me. "Mornin Juan, " I replied as I crawled out

No comments:

Post a Comment